In addition to the Reading Responses on Sakai, each student will create an online portfolio of scholarship this semester that will involve:
- learning to use and creating a site on an online platform such as Omeka or WordPress
- creating and writing at least three items/assignments on the site (ranging form 750 to 1500 words each, plus media)
- creating and writing a bio and introduction for yourself and your site
The final drafts of these items will be published on a public web platform. We will discuss the technology in class.
These Writing & Creating items will be evaluated based on the grading guidelines on the syllabus. The syllabus schedule lists three deadlines for most items:
- Deadline A: item submitted will receive a grade and comments, which will be returned to you by the Deadline B date. Students may revise and repost by Deadline C for grade replacement.
- Deadline B: item submitted will receive a grade and comments, but cannot be revised for this cycle. Comments will probably be useful for your next item, though.
- Deadline C: item submitted will receive only a grade.